Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Kosherlious...

Of late I have felt like the "Queen of Food Issues" not only have I been watching my weight, low carbs, I have been trying to up my Kosherability outside of my house...At home I maintain a kosher kitchen, but outside I still will indulge.

To continue to climb the ladder of observance is difficult because where I live/work the only fast food kosher are bagel places and deli...great deli and bagel places but they are tough on the low carb diet! There are only so many salads one can eat! So I am always on the look out for another alternative

Lately a lot of the kids I work with have been talking about a new frozen yogurt place that was coming to town. (This is the suburbs...not much else to do!...lol)
It a self serve type of place...well this week I went to go grocery shopping in the same place this new frozen treat place is located. When I went to check the place out on the door along with the wifi sign, and heart healthy notice is a kosher symbol. Right on the door!

I never thought I would get so excited about something like this...but it truly made me happy. Additionally when I went inside they had no sugar choices...JACKPOT!
Seeing that I have already lost 10 pounds, I don't want to jeopardize it on a sugar feast...this was wonderful...and the 4 ounces of strawberry yogurt with some blueberries on it......Kosherlious!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fabulous! And well done on the weight loss as well. I too try to eat low carb and my stomach doesn't tolerate gluten and only a little dairy. Cutting out these things automatically helped me lose a huge amount of weight too, so I can understand how you don't want to go crazy on the sugar as well.

Shabbat Shalom

Karen Zampa Katz said...

Thanks for the encouragment! Added to my food choices is my husband who has serious alergies to nuts, all things fowl...eggs, chicken etc....cooking dinner in our house is an adventure!

but having fun for me is the best way to deal with food!...life is too short for anything else

Shabbat Shalom

Dunking Rachael

Love, Faith and Life