Friday, May 14, 2010

Funny Pages


http://joi.org/ruth/commentators.htm

The Jewish Outreach Institute, JOI, has a wonderful, Illustrated, (read as cartoon!) version of the book of Ruth. It fun to check out. I have found the JOI to be another wonderful resource for me as a Jew by Choice. From their website the JOI is

" a national, independent, nondenominational organization dedicated to creating a more inclusive Jewish community for intermarried families and unengaged Jews, by working to transform existing institutions and by creating new programs where necessary"

JOI also developed the Empowering Ruth program and list serve as another resource for women in the conversion process and also for those post conversion. This list serve is a great way to learn and find support. It has been a great way to connect with other women who are on the same path as me.

http://www.empoweringruth.org/

2 comments:

Chaviva Gordon-Bennett said...

What an outstanding program! I wish more people knew about it. I'm curious how many Orthodox women they get to join their listserv.

Karen Zampa Katz said...

I have found it to be very "empowering!"....yes it is a wonderful tool..I think there is a mix of folks involved...actully it stays away from controversy etc...and finds the common threads for all of us.....

Dunking Rachael

Love, Faith and Life