Thursday, May 28, 2009

Chag Sameach! Shavout

Random bits ......

Once again I was surprised by my Fridaylights.org email reminding me of various candle lighting times. Here I am in the middle of my work day and like a giant "Boom!" there is this little portion of Jewish mindfulness in my email in box. I am excited about tonight's program at the synagogue I attend. I have worked on my little "big idea" piece and feel ready to present it....but I must admit I am nervous.

I am also concerned that I don't have a large enough candle to light that can stay burning until Friday so that I can then light Shabbat candles. All I can think of are the large skinny glass candles from my childhood in the Catholic church...you know the ones, you can find them in most any bodega....but some how using a catholic devotional candle might not be the best way to do it! I guess I will have poke around on the Orthodox sites to find an answer!

Chag Sameach!

No comments:

Dunking Rachael

Love, Faith and Life