Saturday, August 21, 2010

Elul Time


As I have done in the past 2 years, I am taking the month of Elul as a time to try and deepen some connections, understanding and knowledge about my chosen faith. It is also the time of year when I make some extra time for play...Well it is truly more than play...I use the month to make my own New Year cards.
As I make each one I try to be mindful of the reason for the cards. I use the making of them almost like a meditation.

The only thing that gets complicated for me, is who to send the cards to. Now that I am a board member the list could be very long!...yet I want to try and keep my intent and spirit the same.

Wish me luck!...I have a lot more cards to make!

6 comments:

Devorah said...

You made those cards in the picture? Wow, they're really nice!

Karen Zampa Katz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karen Zampa Katz said...

Thank you so much! I have made about 80 cards...I now have to work on my list! Since getting more involved in the Shul the list has taken on a new dimension!

Devorah said...

Woah! These cards are really beautiful. I hope each person who gets your card appreciates the amount of time it took to design each one!

Good luck with your list :-)

Anonymous said...

Those are lovely!!!

Karen Zampa Katz said...

thanks Dena!

Dunking Rachael

Love, Faith and Life